Municipal Court

The Town of Kersey, located in the county of Weld, State of Colorado is a statutory Town. The Kersey Municipal Court is a court of record. 
The Town of Kersey Court Clerk is Robi Ehrlick.  You can contact her at 970-353-1681 option 1 or with any questions.
Kersey Municipal Court
446 1st Street
PO Box 657
Kersey, CO 80644

In 2024, Kersey Municipal Courts added the following fees:
Show Cause Order $25
1st Failure to Comply (Failure to Appear or Pay) $15
2nd Failure to Comply (Failure to Appear or Pay) $30
Bench Warrant $75
Deferred Sentence/Prosecution $60
Payment Arrangement late fee $10
Default (Not completing court order payments/classes/additional offenses) $25
Please contact the court clerk for more information or for questions regarding these fees.

** Beginning in February 2024, Kersey Municipal Court will convene on the second Thursday of each
month, at 1:30pm. On your court date, you may check in as early as 1:00pm, and no later than 1:30pm. *applicable for Kersey Municipal Court ONLY! If you are to appear in the 19th Judicial Court (Weld County), please call the Weld County Combined Courts at (970) 475-2400 to confirm the date, time and/or address of your appearance.
Be sure to review your citation for the correct court location and time. The citation will be marked as to what court you are to appear in and below that information is your arraignment date and time.

Municipal Court Frequently Asked Questions

Common code violations handled in Kersey Municipal Court include:

  • Traffic Citations
  • Parking Citations
  • Code Violations
  • Misdemeanor Offenses
  • Animal Related Charges 
If you were issued a Summons and Complaint or Penalty Assessment (citation) for an alleged violation of the Municipal Code, there is a date located near the bottom of your citation; that is your "arraignment" date. During the arraignment, you may enter a Guilty or No Contest Plea, a Not Guilty Plea, or speak with the Town Prosecutor about a possible plea agreement, or request a pretrial conference or a reasonable continuance of the case. 

If you fail to appear at your scheduled arraignment for non-traffic violations, a bench warrant may be issued. If the offense is traffic related, a Default Judgement will be entered with the Department of Motor Vehicles.